How do the individual components communicate with each other?
The KNX standard (bus) can be used to ensure that all building automation components can communicate with each other, regardless of the respective manufacturer or the function used. This standard is based on more than 24 years of experience in this market.
How do KNX and ekey communicate with each other?
The ekey home converter KNX RS-485 forms the interface between the KNX and ekey installation in the building. It therefore networks your building control system with your access solution. Through the unique identification of the ekey fingerprint scanner, the building control system can trigger an event and put the building into the state defined for the person.
The technical details of the ekey home converter KNX
- Description: ekey home CV KNX RS-485
- Mounting type: DIN rail in the distribution box
- Dimensions W x H x D: 18 x 98 x 61 mm (1HP)
- Supply voltage: 12-24 VDC
- Cable length RS-485: 10 m
- Number of RS-485 interfaces: 1
- Protocol RS-485: ekey home
- 12 events (10 freely configurable, 1 unknown, 1 security)
- In addition to relay contacts of the control unit
- Own ETS application (ETS 5)
- Functions: switching, sending value, calling up scenes
- Event assignment to finger